Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Triathlete Yes, Iron(wo)man Not

I have been training vigorously for a triathlon.  My times have improved, my distances have lengthened.  I can now complete a half tri!  Yes, that is great.  Yay for me.  Call me greedy but I want the whole thing.  I want to drag my blistered self across that finish line just to say, "I did it bitches!"  What does that mean?  That means I am crazy enough to touture myself continuously until I compete in September.  Don't you worry.  It's good for me.  When that day comes fans will be appreciated.  Maybe someday I will compete in an Ironman... ha! 

For those that don't know, an Ironman triathlon is twice the distance of a sprint triathlon: 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, & 26.2 marathon run. A sprint distance triathlon like the one I will be in consists of a .9 mile swim, 24.5 mile bike, & 6.2 mile run.  Piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment